Hack codes and regions

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Richie2002, May 5, 2002.

1. Richie2002

Richie2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, i've recently acquired a copy of "The One" from a friend. Seeing as it has only jst been released at the cinemas it is obviously not genuine (unless it's American). My DVD is programmed to play region1 and i cannot run this particular DVD, therefore i believe it's not genuine. Anyway, to explore any other further way to view it i have tried to find hack codes for regions 3 and 6 (SE Asia and China). If anyone knows some for the Proline DVD-1000, could you please sends it to me via my e-mail (you'll find it in my profile). :)

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Richie,

Firstly, "The One" is out on Region 1 (US) DVD, as far as I know. However, there should be a region code number on the back of the case. Double check and see what it says.

As for whether or not it's a legitimate copy, where did your friend obtain the DVD from? How much did he/she pay for it?

Does it look legitimate, or...?

You can't just presume a DVD is not legitimate, just because it won't play on your DVD machine. It may be the case, that your player is not compatible with that disc. It may be the DVD has "RCE" encoding, which means it won't play on ANY DVD player, unless the machine is a genuine Region 1 player, or you can modify the region yourself, but NOT if the machine is a Region-free, Region 0, or non-region machine.

Pooch

3. Richie2002

Richie2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It has no authentic casing. It has come on two discs and the case is see through. Which means there will be no codes on the back.:eek:

4. danielzavitz

danielzavitz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's a vcd not a dvd. the quality will be crappy anyway. dvds don't come split over 2 discs unless hey are reeeeeeeeaaaaaaallly long.

5. Richie2002

Richie2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, ok cheers.