1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ha anyone used Cable Universe?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Igwiz, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Igwiz

Igwiz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Having now done my research I know what I need connector wise and was wondering if anyone had ordered from "Cable Universe" which has a banner on this page? Their prices seem ridiculously cheap for some items and I know that you shouldn't scrimp on the quality of the connectors eg RGB SCart £4. So are they cheap but good or cheap and cheap!?

Cheers,

Ig

2. pingu

pingu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Igwiz,

I have and found there gear to be excellent :smashin: . I've had the 'premium' RGB scart, S-video cables and Audio interconnects - all appear well made with decent cables and connectors and provide perfectly reasonable quality to my eyes / ears - especially at the price they sell them. I couldn't tell any difference in PQ between a £30 QED scart and the £8 version they sell (infact the £8 felt better put together) and I probably fell for the 'premium' marketing tag there - I bet the £4 is excellent too.

Cheers,
    Steve.

3. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've used them twice - the gear turned-up next day on both occasions.

I bought a subwoofer cable, component video leads and scart leads.

I'm very impressed by all the cables they've sent. They are all good quality - the scarts made a vast improvement to the flimsy leads I was given when NTL installed by cable TV.

The component leads are very heavy - and I think they were £28 for two inc VAT and delivery.

I bought them on the basis that I could throw them away if the quality was poor, but no need to do that!

All-in-all an excellent supplier.

4. Igwiz

Igwiz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. Looks like they've won my business! Cheers.

5. Simcom

Simcom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with you there. Excellent customer service, next day delivery and good quality. I have the Component lead and cannot fault it.
    Love someone to compare this with a more expensive cable and post the results.