1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H79 USA info

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by oaklandraiders, Jul 31, 2005.

1. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

So USA have H78DC3(though none available at moment) and H79 with DC3 chip. RRP on H79 is $10,000, but can be bought for approx $4400.
    However dealer I spoke to said unless you buy from an authorised agent you get no Optoma warrenty.
    It seems you can still buy from proper agent for $5000. This equates to about £3300 in UK, but warrenty would be in USA.

Whats weird on US forums is that you can only mention RRP, you get shot for mentioning street price. I only just looked into pricing after one post skipped through with street price.

John

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,469
    oaklanraiders

If you were on AVS Forums it might be worth looking at who your hosts are before you start trying to promote others businesses.

Unlike AVFourms here in the UK (which is not affiliated to any retail business) AVS Forums in the US is an offshoot of a successful Home Theatre consultancy and retail business. I guess they may get a bit miffed if you try and promote another business in their back yard!!!

As of 1st August the H78 (now with HD2+ DC3 chipset) has a UK SRP of £3k inc a Three Year Warranty!

Best regards

Joe

3. oaklandraiders

oaklandraiders

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yo

Didnt realise it was linked to any business', that explains it all !
    Wouldnt it be great if our street prices followed the same logic of US RRP ! :D
    Good news on UK pricing though.

John