• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

H79 Scart to VGA converter

Jeffers01

Received my new H79 today :thumbsup: After lots of advice from friends here on the forum concerning connection to Sky+, I find in the box a Scart to VGA converter dongel. Can I simply plug the converter into the scart socket and send VGA up to the projector and if so what is the picture like? Better than S-video? :confused:

:lease:

Jeff

KraGorn

Oh yes, the picture quality with RGB (which is what SCART and VGA carry) is a LOT better than S-Video. :)

Jeffers01

So I can simply use this adaptor to get RGB quality straight into a VGA input on my projector? If this is the case then why are there so many threads discussing how to get Sky+ to a projector? The only real options appears to be Svideo or spend £70+ on an RGB to component convertor. Is this a new option for everybody or is some expensive box of electronics still needed to do something to the RGB signal before the VGA cable will function?

Thanks

Jeff

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom