1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H79 - pumps out alot of heat - advice?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jon b16, Sep 8, 2005.

1. jon b16

jon b16
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Love my H79 - very quiet, very pleased with overall performance.

I have a large loft above my home cinema room and was thinking about putting some sort of air extraction system to take the hot air away from the projector air outlet.

Either this or install an air con unit into the roof - feeding into the cinema room.

Any experience or advice out there ?

It really gets too hot after an hour or so at the moment.

cheers
    Jon B

2. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
    Yeah, I can appriciate your problem I have similar trouble. Its the nature of lofts in the summer, you just cant seem to keep them cool. I have seen air con at around the 5 to 6 hundred mark in b and q. Not sure what size room there effective in though. I have just been using a fan at the bottom of the loft stairs to try and circulate cool air, with limited success. Another month or so and we will be freezing to death up there. lol

3. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,956
    Hi Jon,

I've seen some people use a large tubular duct that takes the hot air straight from the vent and into a cut-out out in the ceiling. All the hot air ends up in the loft space and dissipates. You could probably use some shower ducting or some fixed drainpipe/soil pipe ducting to do the same thing.

The outlet is about 4" square IIRC, so some ducting with a sweeping curve into the ceiling should do the trick. I'll see if I can find a pic from the avs archives and will post it here if I do.

Gary.