Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

H79/7210 or 7205

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by sonofmoth, Sep 2, 2005.

1. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just when I was warming to the idea of the IF 7205 I see the H79 that, and correct me if I am wrong, has a very similar spec to the IF 7210 but, and a big BUT, cheaper. Does this mean that the 7210 and 7205 will face another price drop soon?

Any pros/cons for either?

2. Timbo21

Timbo21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
    The 7205 is £3000 now I think, & the 7210 £4000. 7oaks were doing refurbished 7205's with new lamp & 3 year guarantee (new one only gets 2 yrs) for £2699. This price drop of £500 happened a week after buying mine,
    but thankfully I got a really good deal because I bought a load of stuff at once, so I don't feel too bad about it.

I think with the way things are anything could happen. This is the trouble buying gear where the technology moves on so fast. I think whatever you buy it's going to be superceded pretty quick, & whenever you buy you can bet in 6 months time it's going to be probably at least £500 cheaper. It's a real bummer :rolleyes:

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,722
    I think the main difference between the 7210 and H79 is the H79 has more contrast and the 7210 more lumens, so it depends on what you need/want for yout particular tastes and set-up.

Gary.

4. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks. I was shocked though to see that the H79 was a grand cheaper that the 'equivalent' Infocus.

The Sevenoaks deal seems pretty good though, then again doesn't the H79 come with a 3 year warranty any way?

5. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,722
    Yes, the H7X range come with a 3 year warranty as far as I know, and my personal experience with Optoma has been very good, especially how they dealt with my H77 to H78 upgrade.

Gary.

6. rick79

rick79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    trust me on this: i've seen them all. while the infocus products are excellent, some considerations: there is an observable difference in contrast, the infocus is supposed to be brighter but i couldn't see it, and the h79 is as quiet as it gets. one more consideration,take it or leave it:why do so many projectors in the $1500-$4000 price range weigh 6,7,8 lbs. while the majority of the better quality units weigh in at 15, 16, 17 lbs.? I won"t go into the long discussion, you can do your own research as i did. no question, the optoma is built to last. good luck.