H65B7300UK For £419 inc 5 year warranty at Costco

internetuser

Prominent Member
Reaction score
its cheap but why.? is it cheap for a reason / pay for what get ?

i currently have a 55“ Sony which is only 1080p, but do not want to change something which isn’t as good.

I currently use a nvidia Shield and a roku 4K for all my smart aspects and a old sky hd box for free view. So the smart aspects of the tv isn’t an issue.
was looking at a Sony 65” before this at around 1k. (kd65xf9005) but is it really that much better ?

Costco will almost always be the cheapest option.

I ordered the Hisense H65U8B from Costco for £699.99 whereas street retails are selling it for £799 and that's whilst its on sale.

Costco make a lot of profit from their memberships and also are wholesalers so pass that on to their customers.

OK, since no-one replied I did some research (checksummed the B7500 firmware people have been using against the B7300 firmware and confirmed they were identical) and then decided to perform the upgrade.

Seems to work fine. The upgrade wipes all of your settings and sets your timezone to Berlin forcing you to run the upgrade wizard again, but once that's done it's hunky dory.

Some things to note:
1. The upgrade process starts and is stuck on 1% for what feels like forever (4 minutes, maybe?) Don't panic.
2. The upgrade then goes quick-ish and slows to a crawl at 62%-ish. It probably takes 10 mins overall to complete.

its cheap but why.? is it cheap for a reason / pay for what get ?

i currently have a 55“ Sony which is only 1080p, but do not want to change something which isn’t as good.

I currently use a nvidia Shield and a roku 4K for all my smart aspects and a old sky hd box for free view. So the smart aspects of the tv isn’t an issue.
was looking at a Sony 65” before this at around 1k. (kd65xf9005) but is it really that much better ?

My friend actually had same dilemma as you. 7000 series is basic/budget tv quality wise, picture just as any other budget tv. If you want something comparable to sony you mentioned then I can recommend H65U8B which is cheapest in costco online only. I think they out of stock every so often, but seen it appearing online few times.
H65U8B - software is crap, but picture performance is brilliant for that price. So if you use external box then that's best choice if you don't want to spend £1k.+

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom