H6400 freeview help!

ShaneWillo

Established Member
Reaction score
Help!! I've given my 30's days notice and cancelled my virgin to (yet to disconnect) I purchased a 5m fly lead cable from screw fix and I plugged it into the wall and into my to to pick up the built in freeview but it won't recieve a signal. So I purchased a flat digital indoor aerial and plugged it into the to and the mains using the coax power adapted. Still nothing! I have a Samsung 48h6400. Can anyone help me please?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    796 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    641.4 KB · Views: 31
My first question, excuse the obvious, is have you done the tuning/setup procedure on the TV? I assume you have and this indicates 'no signal'. Sorry to tell you that indoor aerials are usually a waste of money unless you live very close to the transmitter. Take it back for a refund if you can.

My next question is do you have a rooftop, or perhaps a loft mounted aerial (not a dish), and have you ever used it previously? If the aerial and associated wiring is in place then there must be a weakness in the chain somewhere. The first thing I would check is whether there is an aerial amplifier or booster which will be a small box connected quite close to the aerial itself or sometimes in the loft. If you can see one this is your problem. They need a 12 volt power supply to work. This is a box that is plugged into the mains at the television end and the aerial wire passes through it before being plugged into the wall aerial socket. Unfortunately people take these with them when they move leaving a non-functioning aerial. They are easily bought from Maplin or Screwfix for between £15-20. This problem is very common.

If this isn't the case it might be worth opening up the socket on the wall. Is there a co-ax cable connected to it? Check to see if this is a good connection and that there are no whiskers of wire shorting out the connections.

If you get this far with no results then there is a fault in the cabling to the aerial somewhere. Old cables can get water into in to the various connections and they need replacing. You might be able to DIY this but if it involves ladders and roofs then it might be advisable, and safer, to call in a reliable aerial fitter.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom