H6400 Arc with yamaha amp STRESSED!

aibo82

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have my TV 40h6400 connected via HDMI 2 Arc to my yamaha V767 amp via HDMI 1. The Tv audio comes from AV4 on the amp.

Everything is fine in PCM and Dolby digital mode, but when using Neo 2.5 the amp stutters and drops out when browsing the menu, youtube or turning the volume up with the tv remote.

I get no or less stutter using the amp remote.

Please could you advise me what the problem is, I prefer the NEO 2.5 setting as it seems louder to me.

Thanks

Well it seems as though the TV can't pass DTS Neo via ARC and I'm not surprised, to be honest. You'll just have to use DD or PCM and whack the sound up/change some settings on the AVR.

Well it seems as though the TV can't pass DTS Neo via ARC and I'm not surprised, to be honest. You'll just have to use DD or PCM and whack the sound up/change some settings on the AVR.
Well after more testing its the YouTube app that glitches the audio the TV plays audio fine over neo 2.5 via ARC or optical but soon as the YouTube apps loaded and a video is played it all goes to pot! If you physical exit that app the sound goes perfect!

Any ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom