Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

H57 - Silent Running (Not Always)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rick1486, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I've just noticed tonight that my two week old H57 which is normally whisper quiet has started occasionally making a humming noise which sounds like the fan speeding up.

As I say I haven't heard this before, and it's always been whisper quiet so far. Do you lot think that it is a problem with the projector or is it normal?
    The room isn't hot, the projector is in front of a window and it's suspended by the optoma ceiling mount so there is plenty of airflow around the unit.

Hope you can help.

Cheers
    Rick

2. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone got any ideas on this?

3. kelaD

kelaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

This is probably normal, although I'd need to hear the noise to compare it with my H57.

The PJ tries to maintain a constant temp..

In response to the warmer weather we've been having my H57 seems to use the fan to cool in a rather intermittent way (it'd be less distracting if it were constant).

Was the ambient temperature a little higher in its third week of use?

kelaD