1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h57 question.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by clancol, Feb 15, 2005.

1. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    just bought myself the lovely h57.

This unit is replacing my hs10 which i recently sold.

I have postioned the h57 in exactly the same position as the hs10, and have noticed the the angle of projection is different.
    when the hs10 was level with the top of the screen and i inverted the projecter, the image fired on to the screen perfect.
    With the h57 the image is a good way down the screen.
    is this normal or could it be a fault.

in other words the projecter seemes to fire the image upwards
    by about 5 degrees when positioned normally.

Dave

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,117
    Different projectors have different angles of projection - the NEC HT1000 had quite a big offset and was a problem for those with low ceilings for example.

I recently bought an H77 and that has lens shift but can only move the image up and down a certain amount from center, so I had to position it 10 inches lower from the ceiling.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not a fault, just a different angle of projection from each pj. :)

Gary.

3. jwm15

jwm15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed, there is a significant built-in "shift" with the H57, presumably for table top use. Due to the particular layout of the room mine is in, I have it shelf mounted with the lens pointed down to get the correct offset, using the keystone correction to compensate for the angle. It is less than ideal but the image quality is still fantastic. The beauty of the case design is that the projector can be at nearly any physical angle without affecting cooling, so that is not an issue.

-- J

4. Diablito

Diablito

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's standing on its "feet"? I have my H57 placed up-side-down on a shelf, putting some pads under it to lift it of the shelf about 1,5 cm and don't have to use keystone at all :)

5. jwm15

jwm15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a fair point but stability is an issue. 1.5cm is a pretty large offset and the top of the H57 is rounded so it really calls for some type of cradle to be truly stable if it is upside-down. My shelf is under a staircase, which makes this a real consideration (before anyone asks, there is no clearance to hang it properly.

-- J

6. Diablito

Diablito

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use 3 pads (2 in the back, and 1 middle front), and making sure it's level (I had to work on it a little to get it level) the picture is "perfect" :thumbsup:

As to stability, the shelf I use is placed just beneath the roof, so it's no problem for me (it rest quite ok on the 3 pads)

7. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It turns out the throw on my projecter is faulty. Optima think its a lens alignment problem. Their is also a bar at the top of the image that is an unused screen area. part of the projected image that never get used and that overspilles a 16-9 screen
    strange but defo faulty.

8. jwm15

jwm15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I should have mentioned the other two factors. The shelf is actually in a closet under the stairs so that we open the door to use the projector. Perpendicular to the closet is a wall so, in order to get the maximum image size, the lens has to be on the righthand side. If we flipped the projector, the lens would be too far left and the image would be clipped by the side wall.

If you're still awake after reading all that ( :boring: ) the upside is that we can have an unencumbered livin groom (no evidence of of home theatre or TV) when we want it and then, at the press of a button and opening of a door have an awesome home cinema with a 90" screen. Best of both worlds! :thumbsup:

-- J

9. Diablito

Diablito

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you don't have the space on the shelf to just "flip" the projector around the lens axis, I can understand your solution, and as long as you're happy with the picture, everything is fine! :thumbsup:

10. jwm15

jwm15

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice idea but no room -- it is in the slope of the steps. Space is tight. Cheers though.

-- J