1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h57 question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by clancol, Feb 8, 2005.

1. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    is there any problems placing a h57 on its roof?
    thanks

2. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you suggest placing it on its roof does that mean turning the projector upside down? If this is what you mean, you can interfere with the cooling mechanism, I would generally follow the manufacturers warranty and ceiling mount the projector rather than simply resting it upside down. However I have know people to rest the projecotor on door stops to aid cooling but this would largely be your call. It wouldn't effect the picture quality!

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    As a suggestion, if you are looking to wall mount the PJ why not just buy brackets and place the PJ on them sans shelf as this will ensure the PJ stays cool.

I set my Panny AE300 up like this and had no heating/cooling issues :smashin: However, you will need to put some sort of fabric/cloth/stopper on the shelf bracket to make sure that the roof/top unit does not become scratched when inverted.

Hope you can understand what I mean!! :hiya:

Cap :)