1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h56 ordered 2 months ago still waiting

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jcdub, Feb 3, 2004.

1. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered themescene h56 just over 2 months ago,from a registered dealer, still waiting. Has anybody else had a similar problem?

2. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phone themescene and they will confirm that they have had no stock from the far east for months. No one has them in stock. The first shipments are here now, but most of these are going to people you have been waiting the longest.

3. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Timmy is correct, we have an enormous back-order which we are trying to work throug as quick as we can, the advantage you have with us is we don't charge you a penny until the goods are despatched so you can see it would be as important to us to get the goods to you as quickly as possible.

Who have you ordered it from????

4. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for replies, emailed optoma twice with no replies. neil it was ordered from yourself.

5. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    It would be nice if audiovision where to let poeple know that there was a back log i was told i would have one the week before christmas. Christmas came and went no H56 when i phoned to enquire the guy spoke to me like i was an idiot for not knowing there ware non in stock and said it would be the end of january, we are of course now in feb and again nobody has bothered to get in touch. Good price shame about the service.

6. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What branch did you contact? Always phone the stevenage branch, James is really helpful and knowledgeable.

I think audiovision need to keep people more aware of stock levels, but the customer service at the stevenage branch is very good.

Also, audiovision can only go by what optoma tells them. Ring optoma and they will tell you that stock is very slowly coming in.

7. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Audiovision are a good company to buy from, its bloody optoma who are the pains in the arse as they sell substandard PJs that dont do what they say they do. No wonder neil dosent want to help me. i woudnt want to deal with optoma either.

just dont try and send your PJ a progressive image direct from the dvd player.
    (all is fine in interlaced mode, till you send the PJ for optoma to fix the progressive mode then they fook up that as well)

AaAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad:

must enhance my calm.

8. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I obviously got it wrong, I thought you'd said somewhere that a firmware update had fixed it .. were you saying you were HOPING a software update would fix it?

9. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    just that.....

at first optoma said"ah yes we can fix that via firmware" i said great. sent it off

it comes back problems even worse now as the image is been croped top and bottom as well as right hand side.when you send it a prog signal.(it also adds a tint to the pic)

but know the interlaced input is being croped left and right as well
    MAD_DARREN had the same problem with his h56, and he had trouble with optoma but was lucky his supplier was his friend who in the end swaped it out for a infocus 5700.

10. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Oh dear ... I was aware of what I thought was a small glitch with progressive which you had described, just a single scanline I thought, seems like they made it a lot worse and broke interlaced at the same time.

Hmmm ... methinks the Optoma sounds a liability ... next on my list is a PE8700 ... ;)

11. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    yeah but the pe8700 can give an image distortion at certain zooms....

12. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    So I've read :(, though zoom wouldn't be an issue .. what may well be is that the 8710 is around the corner, same price-ish better machine.

*sigh*

It wasn't so hard buying a TV. :D

13. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    you only had to buy one every 10yrs too

14. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Gandley, Appologise for the delay in returning to you I have just got back from my Honeymmon and am attempting to catch up, the problem we have is not that the unit is faulty but the software needs upgrading to accept the signal your giving it, due to when Optoma manufacturer a product they attempt to cover as many angles as possible but they can not achieve this as new models of DVD are coming out all the time, I will continue to pursue this with Optoma to come up with an answer, I'll let you knwo as soon as, your not using a Pioneer DVD player by any chance, if you are depending on when it was purchased you may have to send it back to Pioneer for an upgrade.

Regarding the stock availability we are just as miffed as everyone else, and as i've stated before Docta teef, we don't take any money until the goods are despatched so it is an enormous advantage to us to get our hands on these things as quick as possible, we can only inform you exactly what Optoma tell us, they then let us down, yet people continue to blame us....

I am in talks with Optoma at the moment trying to at least get an idea on future stock levels and timings, I will let you know what i manage to find out.

Thanks also for the comments about James, he's a good lad and get's the job done, i would also recommend you contacting him.

15. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    neil thanks, but it went back to optoma and they claimed there was no fault. also i tried it with the denon A11, tosh 900e, tosh 9500e, and pioneer 868i. all results were the same.

however today as of between 3-6 pm i had a bit of to and throwing with optoma and they agree theres a problem but there baffled to what it is.
    but the breakthrough maybe this.

interlaced is reconized as component video.
    Progressive is reconized as YPbPr

so that could be the cause of the problem.

funny thing progressive via DVI RGB plays ok.

Neil congrats and all that