1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H56 Or Ht1000?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TopMeTom, Sep 27, 2003.

1. TopMeTom

TopMeTom
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Hi,

on the market for a pj have seen the ht1000(v.v.good),just wondering how it compares to the H56?

just before I make the final decision!!:rolleyes:

Phi:hiya:

2. fastedd

fastedd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I demoed the H56 before I bought my HT1000. Very good picture similar to the HT1000. Heres why I chose the HT1000:

HT1000 is a very short throw compared to the H56. I'm in a staff house at the moment and can't mount to the ceiling so PJ lives on the coffee table. A H56 would be with me on the sofa.

Noise: the HT1000 can be put into eco mode with a quiet 28db whilst H56 sounds like its going to take off.

Price, got the HT1000 cheap from Nexnix.

Futher down the list, the H56 uses a daft dongle to get component in.

The throw distance depends upon your requirements but I expect the low noise is an advantage for everyone.

Oh yes the HT1000 has an iris function to boost contrast but I don't use it as its good enough with it open and I often use it to watch normal telly with the lights on.

HTH
    Ed