1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H56 image size

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smartiepants, May 4, 2004.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just installed my H56 & I have a problem with the picture size when using different inputs.
    the feed from the DVD is from the component connections & adjusted to fit the screen exactly but when I feed another source (x-box & sky) through the video S connection the picture has an overspill of about 3 inches to the righthand side of the screen can you please advise on how to adjust this problem. looking at the screen ratio & how the picture fills the screen it looks like its the component feed is at fault & not the video S connection

2. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Check the settings on your DVD player - mess around with the screen settings in the DVD players menu and this may sort out the problem.

3. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks i'll give it a try

4. LongBow

LongBow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Smartiepants,

Setup using s-video first, then switch across to component.

As it is I guess that you are running progressive, if you are then you can adjust the horizontal sync to open up the image on the right by 3 inches. You can access the "horizontal/Vertical Sync" menu in the advanced setup menu.

Had a similar problem when installing my mates H56, hope this works!

LongBow

5. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Just to add you have to setup the PJ for each input, this includes calibration of colour settings as well, the PJ will remember all the individual settings as long as you dont press resync on the remote.

6. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Just noticed in what hi-fi that the new bulbs for the h56 will have a longer life anyone any idea on the increase. I bought rtd123's yesterday for 1500 notes not had a proper chance to use it yet but ran it for 5 mins when IM3 was on ever without ajusting any settling and imputing the picture through a video sender onto the living room wall was still very pleased with the buy:thumbsup:

7. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    nothing to do with the projector, I fixed it when i switched the DVD settings from PAL to PAL60. I have left it on PAL60 even for my R1 DVDs as the colours look better particularly the blacks. The problem didn't occur when I turned the prog scan off so I assume there is a problem with prog scan & PAL:lesson:

8. Mr Bump

Mr Bump

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    It's to do with the way the onboard scaler in the projector deals with different feeds, especially PAL progressive, seeing as it has a different number of lines, but the projector is trying to scale it to the same size as an NTSC progressive image.

9. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Mr Bump
    I've sent you a PM