h56 feed svideo vs component?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jcdub, Mar 22, 2004.

1. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    finally took delivery of my h56. i am currently using a panasonic a360 via s-video and happy with the results. my question is would it be worth buying a js rgb to component converter,would there be a noticeable improvement? or would i be better putting the money to a better dvd player?

2. ntslik

ntslik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    the Optoma deals with component far better then any other input, so maybe consider getting a decent up to dat e DVD player with component out.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agree, consider a new DVD player with component out.

:smoke:

4. Mike Antrum

Mike Antrum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just got upgraded from a H56, but when I had it it was rigged with both S-Video & Component cables approx 13m in length. Both were good quality cables

Component was very noticably superior, particularly with less noise in the picture. If you are running it only via S-Video, you are in for a treat when you get a component player.

Regards,

Mike

5. jcdub

jcdub
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for quick replies, thought a new player was best option but was not sure, will now have to decide on which player to buy . thanks john