1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H56 DIY mount....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tonmeistermat, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have my H56 on a shelf above the viewing position (nearly at the correct hight, but can't go any higher due to wretched sloping ceiling!), and I made this contraption to hold it in the correct place and at the correct angle. All the bits are from B&Q, and the whole thing cost me about a tenner...

Mat

Attached Files:

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,670
    Great idea!

Looks pretty good too. :)

What bits did you have to buy exactly? It looks like 4 adjustable legs and two pieces of channel painted black - very simple but very versatile too. I'm sure the info could help quite a few people who'd like to mount their pjs upside down on a shelf or similar.

Gary.

3. Tonmeistermat

Tonmeistermat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Gary!

The legs are indeed straightforward adjustable table legs. B&Q make them in various lengths, 10cm 15cm 20cm 30cm 45cm 60cm. The ones I used are the 15 cm ones. It gives enough clearance over the shelf, and the adjustable legs give you a couple of cms of vertical adjustment.

This link is to one that looks similar, but not the correct length.
    http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/produ...&entryFlag=false&PRODID=190504&maxBullets=999

The cross-pieces are actually those shelf support brackets - you are supposed to screw them to the wall, then clip the shelf bits into them, but the slits that the shelf clips into are great as variable bolt holes. They come in 50cm lengths... perfect for this projector!

can't find them on the website.

All I did was bolt the legs onto the cross-pieces, then use small bolts into the mounting holes on the bottom of the pj. It's very important that you use the correct bolts into the projector - you can damage it otherwise. Only slight down side to this project is that I had to make the slits a little larger to accomodate the pj bolts.

Mat