1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H56 and playstation2

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jibsy, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Jibsy

Jibsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum business,so please excuse my typing and grammer mistakes.
    I have recentley(a week ago) bought a themescene h56 projector, marantz7300 reciever, phillips963sa dvdplayer, denon 2800mk2 multiregion(a friend did'nt want it so sold it to me cheap) , kef 6.1 2005.2 speakers.
    I am very pleased with the set-up i have but i want to use my playstation2 with the set-up but am confused about where and which cables to use?

Will somebody please help the ignorant.

2. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Here are the H56 connections as listed on projector central.

'Connection options include a DVI-I port, a 15-pin VGA port, one S-video, one composite video, one RS-232C, and a 12V trigger relay. It does not include a set of three RCAs for component video, but it does not need them. The H56 comes with an adapter that will convert the VGA port to three RCAs.'

I would suggest buying yourself a ten quid s-video lead and see how you fair with that picture wise. You could also think about a PS2 VGA adaptor or even buying the component video lead assuming that you are not using component from the Phillips DVD deck.

Congrats on the purchase.

That is some spending session :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cap:smashin:

3. Jibsy

Jibsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much Captain Benefit for the reply,
    How exactly would the s-video lead be connected to the ps2
    through the amp or what?
    and yes i am using the component lead, dvd to amp then from amp to projector with 15 pin d-sub to component.

4. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    If your amp has 2 x component in/ 1 component out then go for that over the s-video as better PQ. ( Also tell your PS2 to output component in the menu).

However, if not, you can either route the PS2 s-video lead straight into the back of the PJ, or put it into the amp and run a long s-video cable.

Dependant on your set up I would prefer to route the s-video straight into the unit for less signal loss.

Do explore the component option first though.

Cap.

5. Jibsy

Jibsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once again Thank You Cap.