Question H55A6200UK Netflix App/ARC issues LG soundbar

dadabhai

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had any similar issue when using the Netflix app built in to the TV? I've got the A6200 model, and whenever I'm watching any TV show or movie on Netflix using the TV app, if I then press any button on my soundbar remote, for example volume up, the video gets paused? This has happened on my LG SJ4 soundbar as well as LG SH5.
It doesn't seem to happen on another older hisense TV in another room.
There's also a strange issue with setting the sound output on the TV to "ARC" when connected to the soundbar via the HDMI ARC port, if I try to change the volume using either TV remote or soundbar remote, the volume bar remains permanently displayed on the TV.
I contacted both LG and Hisense support but they seem to be blaming each other, and Netflix blamed both regarding the pausing issue, so I'm just interested to know if anyone else suffers something similar? I'd have been more than happy using the Xbox One Netflix app had it not been for the fact that the colours in HDR are totally washed on when using Netflix.

I bought a 65N5750 a few weeks ago and I have the same problem. I'm using a Yamaha YSP2200 soundbar and it's connected to the TV by optical cable rather than using ARC. I use a Harmony remote control and Netflix pauses each time I adjust the volume. I've put it down as the remote signal being the same for both functions but it is quite annoying. No such issues with the Amazon app or YouTube.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but did you ever find a fix for this? Just took delivery of my 55U7A and my older LG sound bar's volume controls pauses netflex also. It's infuriating haha

Hey guys I'm having the same problem. It's very annoying! Has anyone found a solution?

My sound bar is currently connected via optical, However I was going to try via ARC

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom