H5360, have I brought a dead donkey??

ginoworm

Hi all,

Got the acer H5360 in anticipation of bluray 3d and ps3, up until now been playing some pc games using the IZ3D driver and dlp-link glasses and very happy, PS3 games came out this week and I can't get the PS3 to detect the 3D mode of the projector in the settings, it seems it's not compatible, anyone know if an update or hardware adaptor are likely for this projector to get 3D PS3 games working?

I'm gutted as I only really got it for PS3!games and the upcoming Blu-Ray update, could have gone 1080p for not slot more but wanted the 3D after attending gadget show live.

Anyone gonna make my day??

FoneFreak

There is NO projector which will work with ps3 or sky at the minute so NO you HAVEN'T bought a dead donkey!!.

There are some post about a guy who has got his ps3 working with nvidia etc but at the minute I think its only avatar the game which lets you select 3d anyway?

Try dlp mode/or nvidia mode etc, whats glasses are your using?

Hopefully there will be some more knowledgeable replies but you have an EXCELLENT projector (cheap), plays 720 with amazing effect and the 3d is WOW on the pc. as i said NO projector will work with sky 3d or ps3 3d at the minute straight off but there are a copule of people who have it working with ps3 (google it)

avanzato

... PS3 games came out this week and I can't get the PS3 to detect the 3D mode of the projector in the settings, it seems it's not compatible, anyone know if an update or hardware adaptor are likely for this projector to get 3D PS3 games working?

I'm gutted as I only really got it for PS3!games and the upcoming Blu-Ray update, could have gone 1080p for not slot more but wanted the 3D after attending gadget show live.
I get the impression that the manufacturers are much more likely to bring out a new projector that supports the 3D standard, rather than release a firmware update for existing ones. My Optoma is also invisible to the PS3 so I'm putting my 3D experiments down to experience and realise that I've bought into a dead end at the moment. I'm still interested in 3D but won't be buying anything else until I know it will work out of the box.

At least with the 5360 you can use 3D vision if you have a Nvidia graphics card.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom