Question H50B7100 settings help

Mikey637

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Upgraded my old Technika 40" after it died for a H50B7100 in preperation for the next gen consoles. Trouble is I can get games to look good, move areas and everything will be too bright/washed out or pitch black, tweak the settings again so it looks good and repeat. It also seems if you're in one area for more than 5seconds the entire screen starts to get darker and darker. Same with YouTube, I can get one video to look amazing, the next will look like crap.

I've tried the THX app on my phone via HDMI, didn't help. Battlefield is almost unplayable due to their lighting system the darks are almost complete black and looking out of a lit window just gets a wall of white. Forza will look good to drive but all the menu's are far too dark and look off. Kinda at a loss, spent almost a full day tweaking settings and I'm back to square one.

Adaptive Contast / Noise Reduction / MPEG Noise Reduction are all switched off. Black level is boosted, Gamma 2.0.

TLDR: Screen fades in / out. Games look amazing or rubbish in different parts of the screen. Screen auto dims in low lit scenes.

Edit*
Seeing the 7100vs7500 thread apparently the 7100 doesnt have HDR10? The shop listing lists it as a feature :S

Edit2*
Even with Dynamic backlight / contrast both set to off dark scenes continuously dim to the point even subtitles are dark / grey. Not only ruining my viewing / gaming experiance but putting my mood down, months without a TV to now have constant frustration

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom