Question H50A6550UK picture seems to stutter very occasionally ,is it the TV or the Sky box?

jazzert100

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a slight stuttering problem on my H50A6550UK it looks like it judders very occasionally and if there is head or lip movement it looks slightly robotic.(A bit like maxheadroom )
I mainly watch Sky HD and it's usually Sky I see it on.(old school sky hd 2TBbox)
The question is, is it really the TV or is it the Sky Box?
The main problem is that it happens very rarely, I never noticed it previously on my older Hisense tv with the same Sky box.
Netflix,Amazon and Youtube don't seem to have the issue but as I said it is only occasional.
All motion smoothing is turned off, I set the Skybox to 720p and have done a planner rebuild.

One other thing the Aerial America | Smithsonian Channel on SkyHD is really juddery,is it the same for everyone?

Apologies for the vagueness, but it's driving me insane!:)

Last edited:
Check your motion settings. You may have them set different for the sky box input and the inbuilt apps. People have reported a bug where it seems to default, reset to another setting and not display it as such. You have to change it to one you don't want and back to the one you do. I can't confirm this bug but I've read it here.

There's a similar issue where it greys out an option in settings for an app. If you want to change that setting you can do so in another input set 'for all' and come back to that channel. I noticed this last night.

These issues will likely be different depending on firmware... Some things will be fixed and sometimes the fixes break other things.

Thanks mitchiemasha I went for the picture settings for all input options and thought it was fixed but 2 minutes later another stutter.
I am kinda thinking it's the Skybox now.
This weekend I am taking it to my caravan will hook it up to my old hisense and have a few dodgy recordings that have the stutter.
So if the stutter is there it's definitely the Skybox.

New software , every setting turned off and on ,still the same.
14 emails 4 calls to Hisense, requests for a return number ignored.
25 minutes in Argos chat advising me to contact Hisense!
Any advice,TV new in February .
I am losing the plot!

New software , every setting turned off and on ,still the same.
14 emails 4 calls to Hisense, requests for a return number ignored.
25 minutes in Argos chat advising me to contact Hisense!
Any advice,TV new in February .
I am losing the plot!

My advise would of been to of bought it from Richer Sounds. Argos can't help you and aren't as good with returns.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom