H50 Brightness problem with Mario Kart 64

C

cbcox

I've got a small problem playing Mario Kart 64 on my H50 - the picture is a little too bright on the two ice levels, which results in me not being able to differentiate the track from the scenery.

No end of fiddling with brightness/contrast etc makes it much better :(

Any tips?

dude.
have you tried using the THX Otimizer set-up on your H50? I've installed a few of these, and it seems the best way to set it up is using this procedure. You'll find it on Monsters Inc, Star Wars, etc DVD option menus.:)

Just using the standard N64 s-video lead from my N64 to the AMP, then a generic 15ft s-video cable from it to the projector...just about to go and try hooking the N64 straight into the projector and see if it makes any difference.

I borowed an N64 from a mate at work a while bakc and he said he had to mod his s-video lead because it was too bright. Not sure what he did though. Having said that I have used other normal s-video leads with no problems.

I've just tried hooking it straight to the projector and it's exactly the same unfortunately.

It was fine on my old LCD projector, but that as only 60ansi...

Could you find out what he did to the lead and let me know please...this is hindering my traditional fortnightly Mario Kart 64 session with a friend!

I think he stuck a resistor in the luma connection. Don't know what value etc. though.

Has the PJ got a gamma setting you can change.

Knocking the gamma down on the LCD monitor I'm looking at right now was the only way to get a good looking picture. The brightness and especially the Contrast controls had very little effect.

No, just brightness/contrast/colour/white balance/tint

None of which sufficiently adjust the image, it's just so bright!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom