H49M3000 Sometimes no video?

Usamahbanana

Novice Member
Hi everyone

Okay, I'm kind of new to all this, so it's very possible that I missed something basic, but I'm feeling quite stumped right now. I've had this Hisense H49M3000 for around 4 years, and it only recently developed the issue of having sound, but no video.

I've replaced both the main board and the power board to no avail. I discovered just today, that it only sometimes decides to not display video; when pressing the power button, there seems to be around a 10% chance of there being no video. When there is video, it can last a few hours before the video swiftly fades.

I don't think anything is overheating, because I let it run for a few hours until the video went, turned off the TV, then immediately turned it back on, for there to be video. I've also done a simple backlight check of putting a torch up to the screen, so if that's anything to go by, I can confirm that it's not the backlight.

Also, there are couple of horizontal lines going across the screen, but that might be unrelated.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

Usamahbanana

Novice Member
After further inspection, I think I've whittled down the options to the t-con board, and the cof(?) board. The thing is, it looks like the ribbon cables are not the removable kind; they appear to be glued/bonded to these boards. If anyone has any solution to this I would be grateful.
IMG_20220112_125319106.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom