1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H31/H30a jammed on me

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by IVOLIC, Aug 20, 2005.

1. IVOLIC

IVOLIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all, :hiya:

I have the H31 for about a month now and LOVE it. :clap:
    Anyway, I was playing with the settings, as usual, and while changing from 4:3 to 16:9 using the remote it JAMMED :eek: I tried pressing every button available but nothing could remove the menu from the screen.

At first I thought that my remote lost the connection with the unit. Then I tried using the buttons on the PJ itself. I then decided to turn off the DVD hoping that the signal loose would reset the PJ in some way. Nothing, nothing, NOTHING. I then tried to turn off the PJ. NOTHING!!!!
    I had no choice but to unplug :mad: the pj from it's socket!!!!
    I quickly plugged it back in and turned it on so it could cool down using it's fan.

After the PJ could down and the waning lamp for the bulb turned off I waited about a half and hour before turing it back on. Happy to say that everything was back to normal but I am wondering how much damage I have done to my bulb in the long term. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to let people know.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    IVOLIC,

The joys of software controlled devices. It's a fact of life that a lot of them lock up from time to time.

I would not be too concerned about what happened.

I have had the odd projector lock up over the years and had to pull the plug and it has done no harm to the projector and I doubt the lamp has come to any harm as it cools down slower.

Jeff