Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

H30A - great projector but any tweaks?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Nick Odgers, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I have had a H30A projector for about a month and I think it is excellent. I did notice some green dots on dark scenes, but turning down the brightness just about eliminated it. Has anyone been into the service menu and got theirs spot on? If so, it would be great to hear how it was done, plus their recommended settings for brightness, contrast and other settings, as I am sure the picture can be improved still further with some adjusting.

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,721
    Hi Nick,

If you look at the top of this forum, there is a 'basic calibration' sticky that will tell you how to get your contrast and brightness settings spot on for your system by using a test disk. Other peoples settings may get you close but a test disk is the best way.

Gary.

3. IVOLIC

IVOLIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I been searching through the forums and could not find any info on how to get into H30A service menu. I been tweeking it via its regular menu options. Overall the projector is fantastic!

4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,721
    If you're not sure what the service menu options do, you can seriously bugger the projector if you change some of those settings. If you do go in there, make sure you right down all th eoriginal settings before changing anything, but generally, you don't need to go in there for anything that the user menu won't let you do.

Many pjs now allow the user to adjust the RGB values for colour correction, and to choose various gamma settings. Those ones are the ones you need to get the colour balance correct, and even then you need a device that can measure the colour balance accurately as it's very very difficult to do it by eye.

Gary.

5. IVOLIC

IVOLIC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks Gary for the reply.
    I understand the dangers of tweaking and have had experience doing it in fine detail on my panny. I do not have any equipment to measure my settings but I found some numbers that other people have used on their setup and would like to try them. Funny that I can't seem to find any info on how to enter the service menu. :suicide: