1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H30 questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by xander_rander, Aug 19, 2004.

1. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok people i have a couple of questions to ask about the ThemeScene H30 before i buy it. . .

1: Can you adjust the lens on the Projector (resize the picture without moving the projector)

2: I want to project the image so its 80" diagonal and the projector itself will be at 3meters 70cm away from the screen, is this possible?

3: if question2 is possible i will be also viewing the screen at 3meters 70cm away, will it the picture look good from this distance??

Thanks for helping if u can :smashin:

2. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  3. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ah bobbetts u have the H30 dont you?

You know the zoom function? as stupid as this sounds but u said u can make it larger but can u make it smaller?

thanks dude, you have been really helpfull :thumbsup:

4. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Depends on the throw distance and image you want. For example, I have my H30 set x feet away from the screen, it throws an image about 84'' wide. This is without zoom. If I placed the projector closer (picture becomes smaller) and used the zoom, I could still throw an 84'' wide picture.....likewise, post increasing the size of the picture, I could also make it smaller by turning the zoom back.

Using the zoom can make a picture larger or smaller, it depends on your throw distance and whether you have used the zoom.

Does the above make any kind of sense...!!!

5. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well to be honest im very very new to the whole Projector thing but from what u said i under stand that say without z0om the closer to the screen the smaller and the further the larger so thats c0ol,

and also from what u said im guessing that with the z0om function on the H30 i could have it 3meters 70cm away and make they screen maybe only 50" because of the z0om function and have it maybe only 1meter 30cm and have it 80"!

So hopefully i have understo0d it clearly!

Seem that u have a h30 bobbetts what screen are u using btw?

many help for your thanks tho! :clap:

6. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Use the link above to calculate your throw distance based on the screen size you want, the two figures provided show without zoom and with zoom, I think the max figure is with no zoom and the minimum figure is with full zoom. A distance in between the two figures will be with some zoom.

I'm using a piece of blackout material currently hung on the wall......awaiting a frame to be built.....when I get round to it.

7. xander_rander

xander_rander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bobetts thanks alot man :D