1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H30 lens mask?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by cyberheater, May 22, 2005.

1. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I'm just wondering how the H30 lens mask works.

I've got a 4:3 aspect ratio projector and have tried to make a lens mask for it but the projected edges always looks unsharp and out of focus.

How does the lens mask on the H30 produce overcome this problem.

Thanks.

2. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It just helps eliminate some of the stray light which is present outside of the intended projection area thus improving contrast and black level particularly when viewing in total darkness.

I use one on my H30 and I wouldn't exactly say the improvement is startling but I would say it does help slightly.

A few years ago I had a Davis DLS8 which had quite alot of unwanted light spill which I found particularly annoying.
    So I attached a plastic ring which was a snug fit over the outside of the lense housing and attached strips of black PVC tape across it whilst the projector was displaying a picture until I had masked off all unwanted light around the projection area.
    If I remember correctly the plastic strips were about 10mm in front of the lens and not stuck directly to it, it certainly made a big improvement on the Davis.

3. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Thanks. I'll try that.