H20 Network

LemonGrab

Established Member
Reaction score
Not seen any posts about this and the search function didnt turn up anything.

H2O to launch 100Mbps fibre broadband

Be interested to know peoples thoughts on this. The article is fairly old but i have read other reports suggesting Bournemouth is almost there with Dundee planned in scotland and eventually Northampton (my location :devil:).

Does the fibre come out through the toilet? Great idea, and very ironic considering that a lot of what is sent and received has a lot in common with the sewers...:D

One day you go on your internet and nothing happens........ Rats would chew through the cable.

thinkbroadband :: 100Mbps broadband rollout starts

Here more up to date article and says its being rolled out now to certain postcodes in Bournemouth.

Be interesting to see the price they set for it. :)

I really hope this is successful and does not turn into a post code lottery of who gets it. I am really fed up with sluggish adsl speeds - i live 1km from my local exchange and cable just isnt possible in my area.

thinkbroadband :: 100Mbps broadband rollout starts

Here more up to date article and says its being rolled out now to certain postcodes in Bournemouth.

Be interesting to see the price they set for it. :)

Its free to install and ive just signed up for it!:clap:

http://www.fibrecity.eu/index.htm

Decent broadband at last!

Ive been trawling along at 2M for too long now. It was about time something happened.

Trouble is, ive just switched to sky, but if its going to give me major speed increases then im happy to pay a cancellation fee.

Is it just me or does reading through the FAQ leave you feeling very unconvinced by their installation plans and packages?

I suppose when some known ISPs sign up to retail the service we will know for sure if its realistic or not. I believe H2O are basically just a wholesaler, the public will be buying these services from already known ISPs. Cant see that happening for a while yet though.

I personally think its a great idea & really hope they succeed and spread out to other cities. If that happens it will hopefully act as a catalyst for BT et al to deploy fibre quicker.

Is it just me or does reading through the FAQ leave you feeling very unconvinced by their installation plans and packages?

Cant see what there is to be unconvinced by. Nothing there that put me off at all.

Thing is, when you have had terrible connection speeds and problems for the last few years, anything better that is offered, especially as its free is worth it IMO.

However, its only the installation up the home that is free. Im sure the ISP will charge for installing whatever equipment is needed in the home to get it up and running.

As Rygar said, it all depends on who and how many providers sign up to it.

Im more than happy to wait.

One day you go on your internet and nothing happens........ Rats would chew through the cable.
I would like to see the rat chewing thru the cable :D rats cant its so well protected that in asia a couple of months back a fishing trawler caught a cable with its nets pulled 40 km and all it did was pull out both ends and didnt break a single pair. me thinks that is cool

I bet they weren't trawling half as much as you were to dig up this thread. Glad you did though, anyone heard any more about this service?

In response to your post this afternoon - all your observations prove is that the terminations are a lot weaker than the cable, they can't say anything about the actual strength of either.... I don't think the rats are what they have to worry about personally though...

They're currently laying in Savile Street East in Sheffield...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom