H1910 Ipaq and Sony Ericsson T68i connectivity

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Shady, Jan 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi chaps

Any idea how to connect a HP/Compaq ipaq H1910 PDA device to a Sony Ericsson T68i mobile 'phone via Infra Red ?

I have GPRS access on the 'phone (enabling WAP browsing), and I have entered the dial up telephone number of my standard Tiscali ISP for dialup access. Whenever I select the connect option on the PDA, the screen stating 'connecting' appears and then is replaced 30 seconds later with a message advsing that the 'number being accessed is not responding' - however, the 'phone has made no attempt to dial.

We have IR set to ON, on the 'phone and can transfer files / images from one to the other via IR. The PDA is set to use the generic IR modem rather than a COM1 type modem.

Is there a website with this information on ? Is there a specific dial up number to be used for PDA's and / or Pocket PC O/S ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,650
    I'm struggling with my Ipaq 1940 and a Sony Ericsson T610. I'm not sure at all what I'm doing, basically I want to be able to browse the internet on the Ipaq using the T610. I've managed to get them talking to each other via bluetooth but what I need to do to use the T610 to connect to the internet I have no idea. I've got GPRS on it but from what I can see the Ipaq needs to be told a number to dial for DUN but I haven't a clue what that is and didn't think the T610 needed a number if it used GPRS. As you can tell I'm well confused so any help would be appreciated!

Cheers
    Andy

3. robocop

robocop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
  4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,650
    Got it working, just needed the GPRS string in the phone number, now working great!

Cheers
    Andy

5. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Thanks for the hijack, so what are these GPSR settings then ?

I have managed to get the PDA talking to the 'phone (at least dialling via IR), but the only number dialled is 0044, although the ISP number - Tiscali, is preset in the settings.

Cheers