1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H(T/C)-PC and Denon 3803

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by slyborg, Sep 18, 2003.

1. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Quick question, I love the video/audio source management that I get with my new 3803 as I used to have to swap plugs about. My question is if I go the PC route would I be better inputting Sky and X-Box to the PC and not routing any video through the 3803? I just wondering because the switching from one source to another at the moment is simplicity itself and I don't really want to lose that if I can help it.

Oh one other question now I think about it, currently I use optical for the Sky+ and X-Box, what would I need to get both sources into the PC or would I have to use alternative wiring/plugs?

Si

2. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    I currently route all video through my 3802, and then feed the HTPC with the "monitor" video output on the amp.

Why do you want to pump the audio into the HTPC? PVR?

3. slyborg

slyborg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Oddly enough it ocurred to me about half an hour ago that I don't need to bother routing the audio :)

Should help with my HCPC requirements as I can just go for a standard sound card for playback of MP3s etc. and I won't need a plethora of inputs for video :)

Think it's about time I fully spec myself out with an HCPC!!

Cheers

Si
    PS: Mind if I ask what sorta spec your HCPC is? Are you outputting to a plasma? As I'll be looking at outputting to a Panny 42"
    PPS: I'm an idot for not looking at your sig *sigh* been a long day!!

4. SeaneyC

SeaneyC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    No problem. In case you were wondering what a NEC DP1200 is, it's an old 3 CRT projector. Pretty uncommon over here.

Sean