1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H/K T1000 or Phillps Pronto

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by makum, Jan 29, 2001.

1. makum

makum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can any one give me any words of advice about remote controls, owners of either of the H/K T1000 or the Pronto Thanks

2. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    makum,

I think you'll find the Pronto a much more versatile device, with some stonking support available over the web at the remotecentral.com site. Once you get your head around the Prontoedit software (and I admit this takes a little practice) there's no stopping you except your imagination.

Everything in my home cinema is oeprated by my Pronto and the hours I've spent tweaking the configuration so it's exactly what I (and my wife) want have all definitely been worth it. I intend adding X10 around my house over the next year or so and will be using the Pronto with that also as long as there's a sensible application that's needed.

My wife, like many others, could never get the hang of how everything worked and thanks to the way I've been able to programme the Pronto she has no problem - she even bought me a second one so we can use it in our living room also [​IMG]

Go for it [​IMG]

3. charles

charles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    go the pronto route...

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pronto Pronto Pronto Pronto Pronto
    But be prepared to become addicted! I got mine at Christmas, & I'm still tweaking it!!!

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy a pronto but as the other posts say it will take over your life. it takes a while to sus out pronto edit but once you have it all becomes clear and you will automate everything. i love it. unfortunatly my lady began to take the hump with it and on one dreadful night she threw it against the wall during an argument. it smashed and i was heartbroken. solution - got rid of lady and bought new pronto :)))))

6. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    that's a horrific and of the most blatant Pronto abuse - you have my complete sympathy and if it's any consolation you did all you could in the circumstances [​IMG]

7. Ars longa, vita brevis

Ars longa, vita brevis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you beat her about the head with the pronto and teach her the error of her ways. you may have been better off with a yamaha or toshiba remote for that though

------------------
    Assumption is the mother of all errors

member formerly known as hank hill, the Jesus H
    but he got bored of that so changed to some latin sh*t
    'which is nice'