H&B 5415S Brightness Flicker Help

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by urbanstar, Jun 18, 2002.

1. urbanstar

urbanstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have recently purchased a H&B5415S. I have set it all up and have a picture of the intro screen and sound. However when I try to play a disk the brightness of thescreen flicks from bright to dull . I have tried several disk and it effects them all. Any Suggestions on how to rectify this???

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like Macrovision copy protection. Are you connecting via a VCR by any chance?

3. urbanstar

urbanstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, I have got it going through my VCR, but I don't have any problems with the set up in our lounge which also goes through a vcr, would some be more sensitive than others?

4. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Could you elaborate a little more? Are you using a different DVD player and setup in your lounge? Is it multi-region? If so, it's likely to be macrovision disabled, whereas your H&B most likely is not.

Unless there is a macrovision disable hack for the H&B, then your only option is to connect the DVD player directly to the TV. Why do you want to connect it via the VCR anyway? The VCR will not allow RGB pass through so you will only be getting a composite picture from the DVD player which is not very good. If it's because of a lack of scart sockets then you would be better off purchasing a Scart Control Box from the likes of Argos for around £10.