1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H-amp/V-amp on Viera PV500 ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Korum, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    I trawled the net and forums looking for how to access the H-amp/V-amp/H-pos/V-pos settings on the PV500 service menu.

I know how to access service menu 2 but where are the above options as there are only 13 options set out like the following: option 1 (01), option 2 (b3), option 3 (73) etc.Whilst I've worked out how to alter these options they don't seem to change the image in any way.

I've found threads for the PE30 where the service menu access is identical to the PV500 and it appears the H-am=/V-amp options are actually on the service menu 2 so why not on the PV500.

Does anyone know where these options are, why would they have removed them from service menu 2 when they were on the previous model.

I'd appreciate any help as i really need to find H-amp.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Ok, I have done some checking and it appears that the service menu is slightly different on the pv500 than on the pe30.
    I am however surprised that there does not seem to be any option for H-Amp and V-amp adjustment and that none of the other PV500 threads seem to mention overscan.
    I will try and find out for you. Are you 100% sure that you are in service menu 2 and that you have enter the right part of the service menu?

Dave.

3. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +652
    Thanks dave, it would be much appreciated if you could find how to access these options.I'm definately in service menu 2, I'm presuming there must be some sub-menus but how you access them is beyond me.Have you ever known another TV which doesn't have H-amp/V-amp options,I've never seen one.I'd post a couple of pics of the menus and options but I'm not sure how to post them.