GZ950 screen issue?

Gandalf25

Novice Member
Hi folks.. First time post and hoping somebody has come across this or at least heard of it.. My GZ950 is coming up to a year old now while i was giving the screen a wipe down with a micro fibre cloth the other day I noticed the bottom left hand corner of the TV was making a crackling sound when i moved the cloth along it.. On further investigation it feels like the screen is moving as if its come away from the main body of the TV... Anyone else had this issue or have heard about it, and anyone know what can be done about it? TV is still a week within warranty!

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Some of these tv's had a thin protective plastic coating on the screen which you needed to remove after unpacking. Some folks never noticed for months I wonder if yours had one or not.

Gandalf25

Novice Member
Hi kbfern..
Thanks for that, unfortunately not the case though, just had another look and I can actually push the screen slightly inwards in one particular spot.. Been in touch with the high street store i bought it from and they have someone coming to see if it's repairable!!

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Great they are coming out for a look see. If it is faulty and can't be repaired you may get an HZ1000 offered as the GZ950 have now been discontinued.

RobTi

I had the same problem a few months back and posted on here and was told that it’s normal, I was cleaning and getting slight movement and a click in the bottom corners as if the screen was loose in the frame, there is a section in the manual that mentions it

post 599 in the owners thread

In the full eHelp manual on page 348 it says:
When pushed with a finger, the display panel moves slightly and makes a noise. There is a little gap around the panel to prevent damage to the panel. This is not a malfunction.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom