1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gyration keyboard not working?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by esta56, Nov 30, 2003.

1. esta56

esta56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Having just built my HTPC and attached the Gyration keyboard and mouse (and nothing else yet), I'm having a problem with the keyboard.

I followed the instructions - put the receiver into Learn mode, pressed 'teach' on the mouse and the LED on the receiver flashed very quickly for a few seconds. Then did exactly the same with the keyboard but got no response from the receiver. Switched it out of Learn mode and the mouse works fine but nothing from the keyboard. Went back to 'learn' and did it again with the same result. On checking the channel, both the mouse and keyboard are on channel four (I do understand that only 1 device on a channel can work at a time but you can two devices per channel). Just in case, I tried to get the keyboard accepted on channels one, two and three as well but no joy.

So currently I have to key unpluggung my keyboard from my PC upstairs and plugging it in on the new PC downstairs and vica versa!

Anyone got any experience of this problem and maybe knows what's wrong?

2. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just replied to this on your other thread.

"I had the same problem with Gyration Suite. Sounds like the k/b isn't transmitting. You need to 'phone their customer service. They'll send you out a replacement with an RMA. When you know the new one works just send the old one back. No need to go through the supplier."

3. esta56

esta56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give Gyration a call tomorrow. Bit of a pain at the moment as I'm having to keep plugging and unplugging my keyboard to use both my existing (shortly to be given to my parents) PC and the HTPC.

4. mephistopheles

mephistopheles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Suggest you hang on to the k/b and mouse from the old PC then.