Gymnast - XNA games

RidleyDeckard

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looks like it could be a laugh. The controls look like they might take a while to get used to!
It says freeware at the end of the vid, can't see that happening!

Last edited:
May seem like a slightly daft question, but is there any way to play these XNA games on the 360? I heard back in the day that we should be expecting loads of XNA releases, but so far it's seemingly been a bit quiet on that front? :confused:

"Community Games" are coming this year, most likely with the arrival of the new dash.

Google "360 community games xna" or similar.

I seem to remember reading there could be a crazy number of games available at launch (50+). The downside is it seems that, at least initially, none of them will be free.

Yes you will have to pay for them and this is the following price structure;

At that time, the XNA Community test bed will become Xbox Live Community Games, a sister storefront to Xbox Live Arcade where Xbox 360 gamers can browse, test and purchase user-created games from their consoles. Once that happens, game makers will have the option of charging 200, 400 or 800 MS pts. ($2.50, $5 or $10) for their creations on the Xbox Live Community Games storefront. Those prices will largely be dictated by the games' size – 200 pts. for 50 MB games and 400-800 pts. for 150 MB games.

There was a free trial of this earlier on wasn't there? I remember downloading something that would let me play demos of quite few of these games - The Dishwasher being one of them (I thought it was a very professional game).
There was also some strange gardening mini game compilation and a few others.

There was a free trial of this earlier on wasn't there? I remember downloading something that would let me play demos of quite few of these games - The Dishwasher being one of them (I thought it was a very professional game).
There was also some strange gardening mini game compilation and a few others.

That was during E3 but they were only available for a limited time after which they stopped working.

Looks cool.

You can run XNA stuff on your PC, perhaps that's what the freeware angle is?

[EDIT]

Found the game here (http://forums.xna.com/forums/p/12467/67314.aspx)

You can download the current version (http://walaber.com/gymnast/Gymnast-Xbox360_v1_0_1_0.ccgame) but you'll need XNA Game Studio to run it. (My machine isn't up to it :()

It also costs $100 to join the XNA Creators Club which allows you to play them on your PC.

It also costs $100 to join the XNA Creators Club which allows you to play them on your PC.
That charge is for using them on the 360. Just downloaded gymnast and it runs fine. Haven't played it because I don't have a gamepad on my pc at moment but the menu's work. :thumbsup:

That's the cost of the Premium membership, which allows you to develop games for 360 and peer review other submissions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom