1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

guys please help explain this in laymans terms?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by newstuart, May 25, 2004.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Hi guys Ive been having a problem getting my pronto remote to work with my media center pc and I have been
    given the answer on remote central forum however im new to PCs and dont understand how to do what i need to,the instructions are pasted below can anyone explain in simple (to someone not to clued up on PC talk) how to do this ?

(paste)
    The good news is that there's a registry entry to enable/disable this debouncing behavior in the IR driver. All you need to do is disable it and the pronto and other universal remotes should work fine.

The registry key to disable it is

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\idIr\Remotes\745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da]

You should see a DWORD key called "EnableDebounce". You'll notice it's set to 1. Set it to 0 to disable debouncing.

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    The bit that happens before your quote, is goto start/run and then type regedit, in the box that appears just navigate the sections in your link.

Does that help?

3. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    thats done it,great thanks alot much apreciate it :thumbsup: