Guys .... Listen to this

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kota, Sep 24, 2003.

1. kota

kota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya ....

Got a problem here ...

My Sony 7700 is miles appart from the Brianwave in sonic terms ... not that apparent with dvd films but much better with music dvd's ...

In PQ terms the Brainwave via it's DVI output RGBHV (720p) trashes the Sony (480i NTSC or 756i Pal) ....

Now I've got the ScreenPlay 4800 (mounted on the ceiling) which only has 3 inputs. VGA for progresssive sources (Brainwave), Video 1 for non progressive ones (Nokia sat receiver), and plain composite wich is connected to the laserdisk player . In order to use the the Sony I have to disconnect the Video 1 input from the S-video cable that comes from the Sat Receiver and plug-in the component adapter to connect the Sony dvd.... this is a pain to do ..... not practical to say the least ...

Is there any sort of way I could connect all of my gear on a permanent basis without the hassle of changing cables all the time ???? I think I could compromise the PQ issue on music dvd's just for the sake of the sound improvement .... don't you agree ??

Cheers

Pedro

2. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can you run everything through the Denon Amp? It has component / s-video and composite connections.
    Does the PJ allow you to cycle through the sources when more then one is connected?

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Nokia Component into amp (via converter), Sony component into amp (amp has 2 YUV ins and 1 out), other devices into amp via SVHS and Composite (amp upconverts other signal types to YUV).

Amp component up to projector via 3 RCA to 6 pin mini-din adaptor.

Brainwave direct to HDTV input on projector

4. kota

kota
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now why didn't I think of that :clown:

I reckon it's because I've always connected all my video sources directly into my main viewing device and forgot all about routing them through the AV amp :blush:

Guess it's time to give John Sim a ring and ask him to send me an RGB-Component box for the Nokia Sat receiver :D I've got an RGB-SVHS box from him for ages which has been working perfectly. Great picture :smashin:

Cheers,

Pedro