Guys, i can spend up to £250, i need dvd-r, -rw, dvd+r, +rw and dvd-a and sacd.....

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Maniac618, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I was going to buy a pioneer 565a but i still have no confirmation on whether it has +r or +rw support. +r is vital for me, +rw isn't so needed.

Are there any players in this price range that can play dvd-a and sacd and both + and - dvd formats?

Please help, im desperate. I've been making dvds with my pioneer a06 dvd writer drive, i need a compatible player with both formats. My sony playstation 2 is rubbish!

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Most will play DVD-R
    "Your sound will be realistic beyond belief with DVD-Audio, SACD and SACD Multi-channel playback. As an RW compatible player, you’ll also be able to enjoy DVD-R and DVD-RW* discs, plus an entire realm of other disc formats including DVD-Video, CD-R, CD-RW, CD, SVCD, VideoCD, MP3 and JPEG files"

"*Note: in “Video Mode” and “Video (VR)Recording Mode”."
    from http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=4708&taxonomy_id=62-84 so looking quite good

3. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    +r and +rw aren't listed :(

4. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Although it is not listed in its specs the Denon DVD1400 will play DVD+R discs, although only Philips branded ones. Ihave tried TDK which will not play on this machine.
    It would be worth yourwhile taking a selection of different DVD+R discs to your retailer and asking if you can test compatibility.
    You may find that the Pioneer will play certain brands. (I haven't tested this one)

I don't know why this is by the way.

5. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    thanks for the info. i might get the 656 i suppose if that definetely plays +r and +rw.

The thing is, i have a dvd writer that can do both dvd formats, but my friends may send me dvds which are +. Is it possible to change a + to a - using my computer and the pioneer a06 drive?

:confused:

This method would of course cost me money each time, so it would be better to have an all round compatible dvd player instead, hence my first question :)

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    You can by copying the disc from a +R or +RW to -R or –RW which is relatively easy using your a06 drive.

This way you can go with the 565.

7. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    yeah i think i will :clap:

thanks for the help.

8. Maniac618

Maniac618

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Guys is there a standard 565a multi-region or are all the ones that say they are multi hacked by the shops?

Does this mean that my player wouldnt be able to be updated or something if they have tampered with it?