Guy reviews playable xbox 360 games, Well worth the read !

Kopite4Ever said:
i highly doubt this is BS as its massive and will have took him ages, plus we know the games are playable. its so long i wont copy/paste so just the link Reviews

Christ you're busy tonight fella, posting left right and centre! Good find though as i'm craving 360 stuff at the moment :D .

EDIT: Just read it and it seems that he really loved Kameo, Condemed, Oblivion and COD2. He confessed to not being a fan of racing games but PGR3 still sounded positive and i'm sure if a racing game fan had been reviewing then it would maybe have been the top game. I must say that Condemed does sound really good and I am half tempted by it. Kameo does sound very well done but whether i'd like it or not i'm not sure. I see the rumours of PDZ being a letdown are still being upheld and i'm glad that i've not ordered this to be honest. Naturally it sounds like EA hasn't changed and whilst they can produce all the pretty graphics in the world, they still don't have much of a clue about gameplay. I'm happy with my COD2 and PGR3 pre-orders as they both sound like they will be superb games. If Asda don't get them to me by launch then I may be tempted to pop to a shop and invest in Condemed or Kameo as well.

oh well im done reading it was great and interesting, a mature post :) pretty much summed my thoughts on the games that i had, i think he was really excited about kameo.
he tried to give his total honest opinion as well. seems RARE are losing alot of people over PDZ it just doesnt seem to cut the mustard. was really made up he loved Condemned i really want that game as well.

all that reading and box live, im knacker'd and off to sleep

TBH my favourite game at launch has been delayed (GR:AW) as that was the only one i ordered with the machine

However, will definitely get PGR3 after seeing the trailers and what i have read and it seems a few on here will be playing online.

Struggling to be honest as the only other game that really takes my fancy on previews/videos etc is Call of Duty 2

The others i will wait to see what people actually think (Kameo, PDZ etc)

Condemed looks brilliant I have that on preorder from Asda along with gears of war which looks to have slipped. Condemed is definately the game I am looking forward to most at the moment though all the reviews of it in the magazines have been very favourable as well, looks like Sega are getting back to their best.

PDZ dosnt sound that good but then again people have been saying that for a while ever since the system debuted at E3. Guess we will have to wait and see. If the reviews closer to launch look really bad for PDZ i might not open the copy thats comming with TRU bundle and return it instead at my local branch of tru for another game. Wont be a problem I know the manager.

A good read Kopite. Didn't know much about Condemned but definitely anticpating it now! :smashin:

Kopite4Ever said:
oh well im done reading it was great and interesting, a mature post :)
Great read and a good find, surprising seeing as its from gamespot forums. :devil:
Has to be PGR3 and Elder Scrolls:Oblivion for me. Im not an RPG fan usually, but this looks too good to miss. Something to really get stuck into.

Not sure about any of the others at the moment. Condemed looks good, but im not sure if ill find it all that exiting.
Just a shame Gears of War isnt going to be a launch title. It looks bloody amazing.

Can anyone confirm what im sure ive read somewhere ..... that games, controllers and other accessories will be on sale before the console is released ?

I was the first to put my £20 down at the local GAME store so im assuming I'll get a console on the 2nd Dec. On the strength of that Im arranging a 360 evening on the 3rd Dec for a few friends (borrowing a projector etc.). I dont really fancy paying high street prices for the games so want to order them online but dont want to be left without any games if they can only ship them on 2nd Dec.

Will I get my games & controller in time to play them on 2nd Dec ??

mrmcdean said:
Can anyone confirm what im sure ive read somewhere ..... that games, controllers and other accessories will be on sale before the console is released ?

I was the first to put my £20 down at the local GAME store so im assuming I'll get a console on the 2nd Dec. On the strength of that Im arranging a 360 evening on the 3rd Dec for a few friends (borrowing a projector etc.). I dont really fancy paying high street prices for the games so want to order them online but dont want to be left without any games if they can only ship them on 2nd Dec.

Will I get my games & controller in time to play them on 2nd Dec ??

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, you muppet ;) ; The games will not be released prior to 2nd December, but online retailers will be shipping both the new console and the games and accessories to arrive on 2nd December, therefore they will be shipped before then.

Am I right? :rolleyes:

I dont really fancy paying high street prices for the games so want to order them online but dont want to be left without any games if they can only ship them on 2nd Dec.

Game bargains have been thin on the ground. I wouldnt count on big discounting pre launch / during launch window.

The Asda deal was good @ 34 quid a game but it dosnt look like they are going to honour it :(

I am gutted Gears of War has slipped. Only that and Condemed I am really interested in at the moment.

harrisuk said:
Game bargains have been thin on the ground. I wouldnt count on big discounting pre launch / during launch window.

The Asda deal was good @ 34 quid a game but it dosnt look like they are going to honour it :(

I am gutted Gears of War has slipped. Only that and Condemed I am really interested in at the moment.

Can't see them not honouring the game preorders. I think they were just more bothered about the 360 orders and losing too much cash on them. They honoured my Farcry using the discount code so I can't see why they wouldn't allow the 360 games that I ordered as well. On top of that i've actually spoken to their customer services dept who have confirmed my orders. :thumbsup:

steveyg20 said:
I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, you muppet ;) ; The games will not be released prior to 2nd December, but online retailers will be shipping both the new console and the games and accessories to arrive on 2nd December, therefore they will be shipped before then.

Am I right? :rolleyes:

OK, I could well have imagined it as ive read so much about this damn console up to now, I cant find the article but there are thousands out there, I did however find this:

http://www.play247.com/play247.asp?pa=rcs&page=title&r=X360&title=666827

Its the only one ive found though so probably a mistake :suicide:

CAS FAN said:
I would say it is a mistake. I've heard of launch titles, but pre-launch titles seem a bit pointless to me.

Not neccessarily. The PSP had games released for it the week before launch in the US. There were also three PSP games due for launch the week before over here ( Tony Hawks, Spiderman and Untold Legends, all Activision games coincidently ) but Sony prevented it at the last moment. That didn't stop Virgin from breaking the street date on them as they got the games in the stores the week before launch. GAME had them in early too but didn't break the street date. Consequently the week after launch when the first PSP chart was announced here Tony Hawks was already in there and not a new entry as it should have been. I'm sure it's happenned with other console launches in the past.

hey honoured my Farcry using the discount code so I can't see why they wouldn't allow the 360 games that I ordered as well. On top of that i've actually spoken to their customer services dept who have confirmed my orders.

Thats great news :) Definately not going to open the copy of Perfect Turd Zero I am getting with my pre order bundle then

harrisuk said:
The Asda deal was good @ 34 quid a game but it dosnt look like they are going to honour it

They'd better do, there's no reason why they wouldn't. After all it was their own promotion in big letters on the front of their home page. Imagine the hassle they'd get from us if they then decided not to honour it..

harrisuk said:
Thats great news :) Definately not going to open the copy of Perfect Turd Zero I am getting with my pre order bundle then

:D Yes, going by reports to date I think that's a wise move! It doesn't sound like it's going to be a particularly good game I must say.

Moogle said:
Not neccessarily. The PSP had games released for it the week before launch in the US. There were also three PSP games due for launch the week before over here ( Tony Hawks, Spiderman and Untold Legends, all Activision games coincidently ) but Sony prevented it at the last moment. That didn't stop Virgin from breaking the street date on them as they got the games in the stores the week before launch. GAME had them in early too but didn't break the street date. Consequently the week after launch when the first PSP chart was announced here Tony Hawks was already in there and not a new entry as it should have been. I'm sure it's happenned with other console launches in the past.

It still seems rather pointless to sell games for a machine that is not yet available. What can you actually do with it apart from admire the box art and read the manual (which takes all of 5 minutes with todays console games).

CAS FAN said:
It still seems rather pointless to sell games for a machine that is not yet available. What can you actually do with it apart from admire the box art and read the manual (which takes all of 5 minutes with todays console games).

I agree it is pretty pointless without the console but it's happened before so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen again. It will enable the retailers to sell software/accessories due to hype factor alone given that people will worry about shortages etc. etc.

I reckon the early release of games is to beat the competition to the shops. Face it most people buy 1-3 games with the console, thats a lot of competion when there was aroun 12 games out on release. by releasing early they hope to sell to those who are waiting for the console to come out but are too impatient. Having a game in your hand is useless before the console is out but some may still be tempted anyway.

Back to the article, what a lucky guy! Damn i may have to get kameo now. TBH i respect rare but i was getting sick of their cartoony platformers on the n64. Kameo seemed like just another one of these, but i may have to reconsider. May still have to get PDZ as it'll be the main fps on live until halo3

drskhaled said:
I reckon the early release of games is to beat the competition to the shops. Face it most people buy 1-3 games with the console, thats a lot of competion when there was aroun 12 games out on release. by releasing early they hope to sell to those who are waiting for the console to come out but are too impatient. Having a game in your hand is useless before the console is out but some may still be tempted anyway.

Back to the article, what a lucky guy! Damn i may have to get kameo now. TBH i respect rare but i was getting sick of their cartoony platformers on the n64. Kameo seemed like just another one of these, but i may have to reconsider. May still have to get PDZ as it'll be the main fps on live until halo3

I'd say that COD2 or Quake 4 will be much more popular on Live if PDZ is as pants as people are making out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom