1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gutted :(((((

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dino2020, Mar 5, 2005.

1. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well just went out today and bought a pio 435 xde with stand, speakers and the digital tuner box for £3100 not a bad deal me thinks, so anyways get it home, put the plasma on the desk stand unpack the boxes get to connect it up and the system link cable isnt in the box any where. how p*ssed am I!!!

So then spend 2 hours trying to get it working with the dvi lead from my pc and cant seem to get a picture at all with my radeon 9800 pro either, so looks like a long wait over the weekend now till monday till I can get off work early and go and get a lead.

tried the dvi lead from the media box to the screen just incase it would work on one lead but just got static on the screen :(

Damn it !!! new toy and cant even enjoy it.

Dino

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    you need the MDR lead too mate were did you buy it from???the video cable is DVi-D but without the MDR cable it wont work (if cable is missing it is possible that the screen may not be "brand new and boxed" did you know that was possible when you paid for it?)

3. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It was all sealed and box and every thing else was there, batteries heat wrapped, all the boxs unmarked and I know the people where I bought it from , have been going there for years proper dealer, just looks like it wasn't packed in the media box everything else was, its just one lead with 2 connectors on each end I read some where :( all looks brand new no other tape marks on the boxes but I must say there did look like a mark or 2 round a mounting hole i figuered it must of been tested at the factory as the boxes were unmarked.

Bit odd that i cant get it going via the DVI lead into the back of the panel from my pc

dino

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    no with out the MDR cable there is no way to control the screen so you wont get a pic, unless you manage to hit native res and refresh via PC....still unkliely wiothout the MDR connection tho.....

5. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    werid about the mark around the top right mounting hole, I know the dealer very well and they are not the sort to sell stuff as new if its not, just wonder if pioneer are using older cases when making new panels?

It was covered in the plastic type covering and had the warranty stuck to plastic covering. this normal?

Dino

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not big on Pio but any new product should be faultless and no they should not use secon hand casings on new panels all components should brand new...

7. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,575
    dino2020

The Pioneer screens usually have a plastic film applied to the screen when boxed - helps keep dust off the screen when your moving it around.

Its not the first time I've seen a mark around a mounting hole - I wonder if Pioneer have a duff rig somewhere.

Unusual to be short of the 'System Cable' its usually Mains leads that are missing!

Best regards

Joe

PS As Horny says you cant use the system without the MDR cable in place - and even then not all DVI cables work between the Media Box and the Screen.

8. Likvid

Likvid
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just check the hours meter if it has been a Pioneer demo or not.

9. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    went and collected a lead today from dealer very helpful and said sorry and so on, I know the owner and he even came in and opened the shop for me so I could get the lead :)

WOW is all I can say what a picture the set delivers !!!

PS. how do i check the hours meter?

Dino

10. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    found it, I couldnt find it on the search to start with but got it in the end:)

was showing about the same amount of hours it had been on. So all is well.

Dino

11. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It would appear that I'm one of the only people in the world who cannot get the screen to display the number of hours it has run for. I have a Pioneer 505 XDE and have been following the instructions from on here, but no success :(:(

Niraj

12. dino2020

dino2020

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried button under 9 for 3 seconds then quickly after that left, up, left, right and then power on then once it was displaying the info on screen just kept pressing down till hours meter was displayed.

Dino

13. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Sometimes I find you need to wait more than 3 secs or switch the panel and box on-off throught the buttons and try again...

14. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Costas, waited for about 5-10 secs and was able to get into the menu!!!!! Have watched 58 hours of TV :eek: since 11 Feb, that too having been away for about 12 days!!

Niraj