Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Gutted !!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Zimfun, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Zimfun

Zimfun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently been given an oldish plasma screen ( JVC 4210 PCE ) and am really struggling to get it to connect properly to my sky box .
    Methods I have tried :
    CSY 2100 scart to YUV converter - bad picture wavy green and red lines , unwatchable
    JS Technology RGB to Plasma VGA converter - picture shake and flicker especially at the edges of the screen , unwatchable.
    Scart to S-video converter - unwatchable
    Component to S-video converter , bad picture
    Straight Component rca connection has given the best picture so far and it is certainly watchable but not really of the quality I was expecting .
    I am connecting my DVD player to the plasma using a S-video connection and the picture seems to be fine .

After spending hundreds of pounds on so called top of the range converting solutions does anyone have any ideas as to why a simple component cable is giving me the best picture ?. Any help , advice and/or sympathy greatly appreciated !! .