• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

gutted....... bust ps3

oasisnut

well, i have heard all the stories about 'so and so game bricked my ps3 and i didnt believe it until now, coz my ps3 is screwed after playing gta online.
i managed to get online with gta4 on friday, the ps3 crashed in mid game and now, the web browser doesnt load up and my cod4 map packs have dissapeared!!!!!!!!
***!
tried re-starts, turned it off at the back, unplugged it, everything.
any advise?

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Bummer, try to clear the internet cache, remove gta4 game data and save data (backup save data first), install game again and recover save data. No idea about the map packs vanishing though, strange.

HimIndoors

Don't worry about the cod4 map packs, when you go to select a game they just appear in the normal menu now as opposed to being listed on the bottom of the screen of game choices.

oasisnut

Don't worry about the cod4 map packs, when you go to select a game they just appear in the normal menu now as opposed to being listed on the bottom of the screen of game choices.

oh, i see.
thats why i thought they had dissapeared because they wern't at the bottom of the menu!....so thats one thing solved......

Oggie

Distinguished Member
oh, i see.
thats why i thought they had dissapeared because they wern't at the bottom of the menu!....so thats one thing solved......
you know my story about ps3 over last few days, had to do full format of ps3.
lost all my saves as they were corupted but have been able to get MGO back. just go to psn and look at your downloads, it will be in there. just click it and redownload it. even though its impossible to get it anywhere to download you can still this way.
by the way i'm not touching gta4 until they release patch

oasisnut

well...bugger me........ the playstation browser has just started working again!
i was just about to go through the whole pain of backing all saves, DATA etc up and it just started working.......
note to self 'dont play GTA until a patch is released'
phew!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom