• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Guru's on setting up avc a11xv and dvd a1xv

bugs22

Standard Member
:lease:Hi guy's and girls new to all this so go easy. No nothing about av equipment so much jargon the back of these units look like an aeroplane's cockpit! After banging my head against a brick wall to decide what equip to buy i spoke to someone in London who installs cinema equip. He rang me back and advised me on the denon so i went with it. So i have a avc a11xv a dvd a1xv which i purchased from 7 oaks. In the demo he set both units up with standard cable and then with van den hul 1st ultimate the diff was shocking.So went with 1st ultimate. Once home got a local hifi shop to come round and set it up. He linked everything up with hdmi cables. I asked about van den hul cables reply don't need them hdmi just as good. Is this true. I could do with finding someone out there who knows my units in side out to help me set them up to get the best sound and picture out of them. Can anyone help. Don't you just hate newbies !!

onlyvik

:lease:Hi guy's and girls new to all this so go easy. No nothing about av equipment so much jargon the back of these units look like an aeroplane's cockpit! After banging my head against a brick wall to decide what equip to buy i spoke to someone in London who installs cinema equip. He rang me back and advised me on the denon so i went with it. So i have a avc a11xv a dvd a1xv which i purchased from 7 oaks. In the demo he set both units up with standard cable and then with van den hul 1st ultimate the diff was shocking.So went with 1st ultimate. Once home got a local hifi shop to come round and set it up. He linked everything up with hdmi cables. I asked about van den hul cables reply don't need them hdmi just as good. Is this true. I could do with finding someone out there who knows my units in side out to help me set them up to get the best sound and picture out of them. Can anyone help. Don't you just hate newbies !!

Hi Guru,

I have the same setup as you have.

When i watch dvd movies, i use the Denon AK-DL1 3rd link cable for dolby digital/dts surround.

Only when it comes to stereo/ sacd i use the Van den Hul D 102 MKIII interlink cables analog, and i can tell you it is a huge difference over the expensive AK-DL1 Denon cable, IMO the Denon cable is a rip off, for me there is no difference with the standard Denon cable.

So i think in your case with audio, stay with the Van den Hul for stereo, use the Denon link for dolby digital/dts etc.

For video link a HDMI cable directly( from the dvd a1xv) to your plasma/lcd screen.

Good luck :smashin:

bugs22

Standard Member
Hi thanks for the response. Shame you don't live this side of the water so i could ring you to get more info from you on the two Denon units. Tell how did you get started with av equip. I need to find some one who can get me started. Once again thanks for your reply.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom