guns and plasma/lcd screens

stuart.garlinge

Standard Member
Hi all, I nearly purchased time crisis and a gun, but someone told me that if you use these type of guns with plasmas and lcd screens it will damage them, firstly will it work on these screens, and if so will it damage them, wanting as much feedback as possible, thanks, stu

jotch

Novice Member
They won't damage the screen as that's not how many of them work. They use the refresh rate and pick up on timing and other clever stuff that's really easy to explain, I believe wikipedia explains how they work quite well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_guns

And due to how they work they don't work on LCD or Plasma or some screens that refresh at 100Hz.....you can get guns for these screens and they come with sensor strips like the Nintendo Wii uses.

I've got Time Crisis 2 and 2 guns and was also dissappointed to find out that they don't work on my big new 32" LCD screen!

HighQ

Novice Member
How do these guns work and will it work with my projector?

Many thanks

F

fdxd

i dont think so. You're best off waiting for a gun that works with HD and projection etc.. There are 3rd party options but people expect Namco to announce something (or even Sony) for PS3 at some point that supports all of this. Should be interesting to see what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom