Gumball this Sunday.

Gordon @ Convergent AV

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Reaction score
Show of cars from 1.00 till 4.00pm. Probably take an hour for all the cars to leave from Pall Mall after that I think. Official site here.

http://www.gumball3000.com/

So does anyone fancy going? Weather should be good. We could perhaps meet, take some pics of cars.....go for beer....take pics of cars moving perhaps at 4.00pm...or just of folk nearby...or whatever...then perhaps more beers before heading home....

Just throwing it out there. I can tell you that it is likely to be packed with folk.

Gordon

Gorden
This has already been mentioned in another thread but yes, im going.

Im not sure about times etc and i need to be at Holborn just after 4pm so i will miss the send off.
I cant agree to meet up as im out and about all day but ill certainly be going. aiming for 1pm but might be later.
Ill have my 30+17-55IS with me. Ill be wearing blue faded jeans and ill have a Tamrac V9 bag on my back. I know its not much to go on but if you do see me come and say hi.

Im looking forward to it. I missed last year but went the year before. i hadnt had my 350D long so i didnt get much.
http://davepearce.smugmug.com/gallery/912580

Hi Dave,

It was me whomentioned it in a thread a month ago....couldn'tbe bothered resurrecting it so thought I'd just start another. I suspect there will be rather alot of folkwith faded jeans and Tamrac bags...but I'll keep a look out for you.

Gordon

Hi Dave,

It was me whomentioned it in a thread a month ago....couldn'tbe bothered resurrecting it so thought I'd just start another. I suspect there will be rather alot of folkwith faded jeans and Tamrac bags...but I'll keep a look out for you.

Gordon

Ah right. i couldnt be bothered to look either.
Ok, heres a clue.:hiya:
146786449-S.jpg

Just had a look at your pics....Were all the cars parked up like that when you last went? Last year they were all behind crash barriers and were lined up in middle of the road.

Gordon

Yes. when i went you could walk around all the cars, even sit in them if you asked nicely. They were parked in a big square area (im not sure what its called) but there were no real barriers apart from some that were marking out the send off route (and i didnt get to stay for that either)

Excellent. We've two of our best on this assignment.:smashin:

Can't wait to see your shots of the exotica that'll be on show (interpret that as you see fit):devil: .

I'm hoping to go along... it clashes with a picnic but i might be able to reschedule that with a few nice words to the missus.

Will deffinately be along. I'm expecting crash barriers to protect the cars again this year, along with a lot more along the start of the route, as they didn't have enough last year.

so what gear are we taking?
im taking just my 30+17-55IS but ill have my 70-200f/4 IS in my bag because i never leave home with out it. :rotfl:
might find some bushes over Hyde park to hide in:devil:

I'm thinking that it's probably best to get there for around 11.00 to avoid the inevitable crowds. Will have 5d, 24-105F4lis and possibly my 70-200f4l and a 1.4 extender although you'll see I've just posted about maybe not buying an extender and instead just going nuts and buying a 100-400F4-5.6isL tomorrow....although that would be extremely financially foolish of me....but fun.

Gordon

i'll probably take my 30D, 70-200 and 17-55... and maybe some sandwiches, hummus and pitta bread, depending on timings.

Taking my good old Fuji S5600.

I'm thinking that it's probably best to get there for around 11.00 to avoid the inevitable crowds. Will have 5d, 24-105F4lis and possibly my 70-200f4l and a 1.4 extender although you'll see I've just posted about maybe not buying an extender and instead just going nuts and buying a 100-400F4-5.6isL tomorrow....although that would be extremely financially foolish of me....but fun.

Gordon

Ive just borrowed a Canon x1.4 TC. Its one of the older ones i think. ive not used it yet but i might give it a go on sunday. To be honest i think for what i shoot i dont need it but i guess its a nice thing to have in your bag in certain situations. If i find im using it a lot ill get a Kenko one.

Gordon - you can borrow my extender for Sunday if you like. Just let me know.

Tobers

Ok, im confused.
I went there today (Sat). I hadnt read the titale of this thread properly but as i had seen it before on a Sat i thought it was all today.
I must admit i got bored and went home. I go there at 12 midday but by three there was no more than about 8-9 cars. i got a few shots but i had to leave.
So am i right in thinking its all happening sunday instead?
looking on the GB3000 website it seems a bit confusing.
If it is sunday then ill be there around 11am.

:hiya:

Hi dave, it is indeed Sunday. I should be there from about 12.

Thanks
That will exlain Gordons question about the cars being lined up.
Im really glad i didnt miss the send off.

Yep I'm going to havea shower and set off soon. Wanted to be ther for 11.00 bbut sleeping in measn more likely 12-10 ish
Grdon

Yep, same here. sunday is not a day i like to see too early.

I did but didnt really get anything, at least not compared to some of the others (see the other Gumball thread)
Got a few of the nice ladies though;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom