Gultronics

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jagzfan, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Jagzfan

Jagzfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ordered the Benq PE7700 projector from them by phone, after seeing it on their website at £1411. I called as I Wanted to confirm they had it in stock.

They called me back to confirm that it was in stock, and the price I'd pay. I then paid using VISA over the phone. Two days later they called to say the price on the website was wrong, and that it would be £140 more!

I checked my VISA account online, to find they had already charged me the original price. After I pointed out that they couldn't simply increase the price, the guy offered me a "discount" of about £25. Eventually I was given no option but to cancel the order, and wait for the refund.

According to their review on Pricerunner, they've done the same in the past. They are obviously not very good at maintaining customer relations, to say the least! :thumbsdow

...and sorry if this is not the best thread to say this. Just a bit angry! Anyone know where I can get it cheaper?!

2. terrysharp

terrysharp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try this place Link £1388 plus delivery.I dont know how good they are though.

3. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +751
    I'd also complain to your CC company about such underhand tactics.

Regards

Mark

4. Jagzfan

Jagzfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice. I intend to call my CC company - they still haven't processed my refund. I will also contact Trading Standards, given that they seem to be making a habit of these tactics.

5. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    yes, if this is happening quite often then trading standards need to know, its one thing if the prices are wrong both cheaper AND more expensive, but if its always cheaper and then they tell people its going to cost more then they are doing a dodgy ;-)

6. JiveTalker

JiveTalker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You sound like you've had a very near miss. Gultronics have had a bad reputation for many years. I seem to remember that they started as a shop in Tottenham Court Road then expanded and that (unfortunately) they don't always use that name.

I remember seeing a report about them on tv a few years ago (WatchDog or similar) and they said that on quite a few occasions customers had returned faulty products within the warranty and never saw them again or their money.

I bought my first VCR from them in 1987 but thankfully never had any problems with it. They have the worst possible reputation and I would NEVER consider puchasing anything else from them.

7. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've used gultronics a fair bit ( the actual shops , not online) and never had a problem with them. I can usually haggle them down a fair bit too which they don't seem to resent unlike other stores.

8. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +272
    Well, they can't beat the £1411 price, but I'd recommend Technoworld purely because of their excellent service. Their price is £ 1,504.26 (Inc VAT), by the way, but they have a price match promise.

9. terrysharp

terrysharp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also used Technoworld recently and I found them to be very good. They done a price match on a laptop and it was delivered the next day. They also answer the phones promptly.:thumbsup: Maybe you can get them to match the price in my earlier post. :D

10. jhkanguk

jhkanguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am not surprised at all to see your case.
    Please have a look at what experience I have with Gultronics!!!!!
    Apart from below, I also remember that after ordering a TV online, they called me and said the p&p advertised was incorrect and asked to pay more which I regret I should have refused.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260466

11. TheBoingoBandit

TheBoingoBandit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Someone I used to know used to work for them.

That's all I'm going to say! :thumbsdow

12. Jagzfan

Jagzfan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input, guys.

I checked with my CC today, and the refund has now arrived back in my account. Decided to order with Ebuyer - more expensive, but I've used them for a few years now, with no problems.

Should be here Tuesday!!