1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gulp!! 32 Inch WS choice help needed

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Majik, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It's a tragic situation really - the Tv is about to go pop - was oging to buy a lovely RP from the forums, but the GF has decided that we need the cash for minor things like the outside wall not falling down.

So I am having to the unthinkable. Order from a catalogue! Don't point and laugh - it's a necessity when you have no money. Hey, at least I don't have to pay till may then get interest free credit for a year!

And so the pathetic choice is as follows:

Sharp 32JW73H 32 inch Widescreen – Pure flat widescreen tube, 3 scarts (1 RGB), Fastext, Nicam, S-VHS, Front AV sockets £599.99

Sanyo 32WN6H 32 inch Widescreen – 2 scart sockets (1 RGB?), Front AV sockets, stand, Nicam, Fastext £649.99

Toshiba 32W33 32 inch Widescreen – 2 scart sockets (1 RGB), Front AV, Nicam, Fastext £549.99

LG RI32CZ10RX 32 Inch Widescreen – 2 scart sockets (1 RGB), Nicam, stand, Teletext £529.99

Daewoo DSC3220EGB 32 Inch Widescreen Flatscreen – 2 scart sockets (1 RGB), Nicam, Teletext, stand £649.99

Daewoo DSC3210GB 32 Inch Widescreen – 2 scart sockets (1RGB), Nicam, Teletext £499.99

I am leaning towards the Flatscreen Daewoo, as it is the only flatscreen one in my price bracket. Unfortunately, there seems to be little on these hyar forums about any of the models I am looking at, which is proving a problem. So I'm hoping you guys and girls can help me out with my choice. Cost is a factor I suppose - hence me listing the "normal" Daewoo as well.

Pleading for help....

Majik

2. Majik

Majik
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Boo hoo.. no help!!

Well, I'm going to go for the Daewoo DSC3220EGB as it's the only flatscreen I can afford. I thnk flatscreen is worth the risk on the make. Will let you know what it's like - ordering in a couple of hours, in case anyone wants to jump in an d tell me different.

Majik

3. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    mate try out empire direct they have some nice tvs at great price and they are doing 5 year warrenty buy now pay 2004 or finance which you can apply for online with almost instant decision i did this i aint rich and thought no chance but was accepted straight the way

4. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Ive just been reading The Sun, Curry's have an advert in there, end of range clearance. Tosh ZP18p is £699, Phillips 32pw6506 at £520, seem to be some good deals, limited stock though I think.

Regards

PaulJ

5. DP147

DP147

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too saw the Sun ad and sadly have to agree with the many comments I've read about clueless assistants. There aren't many 32zp18's left and I asked the assistant to check other stores nationwide in desperation to get my hands on this bargain. He was more interested in talking me in to buying another set. Customer service at its best! I have spent all my spare time trying to get clued up on which 32" 100hz to buy and kept going round in circles. Will probably spend all weekend phoning round every Currys store to track one down.
    Wish me luck.