Guitar Hero II - Second Guitar

Rob_Meister

Sorry to start another guitar hero thread.

But I am hoping that people can post any finds regarding a seperate guitar controller here.

I really want to buy a second one but as yet it only seems it is bundled with the game :(

Cheers...

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
I dont think its been released yet Rob, alot of people are in your position, i think the only choice is to buy another full package and then find somewhere which will trade in the game, but most places wont as on the box it says its part of a bundle.

I wonder is CEX will trade in they took loads of GOW bundles copies.

Or of course wait till they deem it neccesary to release a seperate guitar.

Rob_Meister

Thanks guns. Wait :eek: hmm there must be a better solution. Perhaps I can convince a mate to purchase the game also!!

Until then I will continue to look.

Tufty McTavish

Good thread. I've been looking for tidbits on this topic in the main thread without success too.

I struggle to comprehend how the game wasn't released with availability of separate guitars like it is in the US. It strikes me as an obvious requirement. Or were there hardware production problems such as the reported issues some are having with their whammy bars, or something else that resulted in a staggered release across the world?

Very annoying, whatever the reason. I'd sure like to know the thinking behind this one.

D

Deadsquirrel

How much would a second Guitar be do ya reckon?

I'm hoping £20 - £25

I'm hoping additional guitars will be available in a colour other than White

chris1210

Do what i did.... buy a second pack for ~£55, and sell the game to some plonker on ebay without a guitar (why they want it, god knows!).... i sold the game itself for £30, so £25 aint bad at all for a guitar!!

Tufty McTavish

i sold the game itself for £30, so £25 aint bad at all for a guitar!!

LOL! Did the guy assume he was getting game + guitar for £30? If so, how cheesed off must he have been when your package arrived at his house! Did you get an angry email or were you clear that it was game only? Just curious really.

BrianC

Based on the price for the DLC I'd put the likely price of the second guitar at £30 to £40, although based on the actual per song price of DLC I'd have them giving away the guitar for free based on how much the songs must have cost them. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping for a £20 price point, but I don't see the RRP being anywhere near close to that unless they learn from the DLC. It might be cheaper to wait for the upcoming GH3 and buy another bundle, I'm tempted to do that.

Do what i did.... buy a second pack for ~£55, and sell the game to some plonker on ebay without a guitar (why they want it, god knows!).... i sold the game itself for £30, so £25 aint bad at all for a guitar!!

where can you get it for £55?

It's £70 isn't it?

SpaceGhost

How much would a second Guitar be do ya reckon?

I'm hoping £20 - £25

I'm hoping additional guitars will be available in a colour other than White

I know they've recently release a standalone wireless guitar for the PS2. £39.99 on the high street.

Seems a tad expensive to me. :rolleyes:

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Spoke to Game at Preston yesterday. They have all the point of sale for the 360 solus guitars - came through a couple of days ago.

He expects stock anytime....

Spoke to Game at Preston yesterday. They have all the point of sale for the 360 solus guitars - came through a couple of days ago.

He expects stock anytime....

Maybe best to wait then.

But what does 'point of sale' mean?

Any more inside knowledge, and game workers on here can inform us.

It must be soon as demand is high.

I bet it's £39.99.

jenic

That's in $, change it to £'s and it's only £28, with worldwide free shipping
I know it is but IMO £28 is a lot considering how lond it take for them to dispatch and deliver, i think the best solution is to buy from pcworld and sell the game, works about about £30 and you get it same day.

maybe but what if guitar breaks?

you'll need to buy back a game to return the whole package.

I think i'll wait for the separate guitar, sounds like its not too far away.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Maybe best to wait then.

But what does 'point of sale' mean?

Any more inside knowledge, and game workers on here can inform us.

It must be soon as demand is high.

I bet it's £39.99.

Point of sale is all the posters/info that they will put up when the solus guitar is available.

Kieron

Distinguished Member

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Just do what I did - buy an extra copy and sell the game on ebay. I doubt the difference will be too much compared to a standalone guitar on retail.

Just do what I did - buy an extra copy and sell the game on ebay. I doubt the difference will be too much compared to a standalone guitar on retail.

I always worry about things like that.

Also some guitars are known to be faulty.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
True - but you can test it first before you flog the game! Not a cheap method I know, but I couldn't wait for them to sell standalone guitars!

siany

That is a good idea...however why would people want to buy GH2 on its own without a guitar? :confused:

BrianC

I always worry about things like that.

Also some guitars are known to be faulty.

Wouldn't you have the full retail game anyway? So why couldn't you "switch" guitars and take the full retail game back with the broken guitar? Its not like the box has the serial number for the guitar it contained is it?

jenic

Wouldn't you have the full retail game anyway? So why couldn't you "switch" guitars and take the full retail game back with the broken guitar? Its not like the box has the serial number for the guitar it contained is it?
Exactly what i thought, FYI cex are only taking in the game with guitar.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney+ confirms price increases coming in December
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow